DIY Easy No-Sew Crop Top

DIY Easy No-Sew Crop Top

Summer isn’t here quite yet, but the recent sunshine is a reminder that it will be here soon. Hopefully. In my first ever DIY I will be showing you a super quick and easy way to make a DIY crop top. Instead of buying loads of new clothes for summer you can upcycle your old ones at no cost at all, for beautiful summer fashion.

For this DIY all you will need:

An old top

A pair of scissors

And that is literally the only things you will be needing to achieve this:

top9

Instructions:

1. Find an old T-shirt you are willing to sacrifice for this DIY.

2. Grab a pair of scissors and fold your t-shirt in half, as shown in the image. Folding and creating a crease halfway will aid you in the next step.

3. Turn your top over so the back is facing you. Now cut along the dotted lines I have marked on the image.

4. Now turn back over to the front of the top. You are going to cut straight down the middle following the dotted lines I have marked. Again, this step is easier if you fold the top and make a crease. This crease will act as a guideline for where you need to cut.

5. Your top should now look something like this. Don’t worry if your cuts aren’t entirely straight, they will all be covered when you put the top on.

6. Now put the top on as if it is a waistcoat. Next you will need to cross the two lengths over as shown in image.6.

7. Once you have the two lengths crossed over, pull them behind your back and double knot.

8. You now have your crop top to style as you like. 🙂

top11

top10

topbb8

Thank you for reading. I hope this DIY was helpful for you. If you have any suggestions for more DIY’s please do let me know in the comments below.

Have a lovely day,

Shannen

x.o.x.o

Share on FacebookPin on PinterestGoogle+share on TumblrTweet about this on TwitterEmail to someone
9 Comments
  • Becca says:

This is such a good idea! Not sure it will look as good on me but I’ll definitely give it a go! Great post 🙂

Becca xx

xbeccabe.blogspot.co.uk

• shannen says:

Thank you 😀 I’m gOing to try think of some more fashion diy’s they’re really fun to do and it feels great when you make things yourself :D, xx

• Hubert says:

Hi buddy, i am regular reader of your site. I
    noticed that your site is outranked by many other blogs in google’s search
    results. You deserve to be in top-10. I know what can help you, search in google for:
    Kelustu’s Tips Outsource The Work

• Madeline says:

Would you post a pic of the back? I’d like to see how it should look.

• I have read so many articles or reviews regarding the blogger lovers except this post is actually a good paragraph,
    keep it up.

• shannen says:

Hey! I actually can’t find where I put this top, I will make another and do a new post if that helps 🙂 x

• daisy says:

Hi! Is there any way you could post how the back looks?? I know you said you’ll make another post but I can’t find it. So if there is one, could you give the link to it?

• Andrea says:

Should the top be your regular size or something bigger than your normal size to do this?

• shannen says:

Hey the back looks the same as a top would usually look just with the tie at the back or you can sew the ties under x